#202 Ari Paul: BlockTower Capital and the Cryptocurrency Opportunity
For many years, Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies were regarded as little more than a nerdy curiosity by the financial world. But with the rise of Bitcoin and Ethereum, the process of cryptocurrencies becoming a recognized asset class has begun.
One person at the forefront of this transformation is Ari Paul. Previously a portfolio manager at the University of Chicago’s $8 billion endowment, he recently left to start the cryptocurrency hedge fund BlockTower Capital. He joined us for an insightful conversation about one of the biggest trends in the industry.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Ari’s background as a portfolio manager at the University of Chicago
- The difficulties of investing in cryptocurrency for a large endowment
- Why he started the cryptocurrency hedge fund BlockTower Capital
- How to construct a cryptocurrency portfolio
- The hedge fund vs the VC model in the cryptocurrency space
- Why cryptocurrencies represent an exceptional investment opportunity
- The operational complexities of running a crypto hedge fund
- Why an avalanche of institutional money is entering the blockchain space
Links mentioned in this episode:
Support the show, consider donating:
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.