#244 Anthony Lusardi: Ethereum Classic Cooperative – Accelerating the Growth of ETC
The 2016 Ethereum hard fork left us with two distinct Ethereum chains. While the main Ethereum chain dwarfs Etherem Classic in terms of market cap, ETC has sustained its position as a significant actor in the broader blockchain ecosystem. ETC’s recent listing on Coinbase demonstrates its credibility as a significant industry player.
We’re joined by Anthony Lusardi, Director of the Ethereum Classic Cooperative, an organization who’s goal is to promote the development of the Ethereum Classic Network. Similarly to other industry organizations, The Cooperative invests in core development of the ETC blockchain, community building, marketing, and brand awareness.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Anthony’s background and how he became involved in the crypto community
- The Ethereum Classic Cooperative and the goals of the organization
- What the ETC ecosystem looks like two years after the fork
- The people and companies contributing to the project and building on the platform
- The overlap and friction points with the broader Ethereum community
- ETC’s unique value proposition as a blockchain platform
- SputnikVM as an alternative to the Ethereum Virtual Machine
- The potential attack vectors on ETC, including 51% attacks
- Why the ETC community stands behind Proof-of-Work
- The Cooperative’s plans to remain relevant and the project’s development roadmap
Links mentioned in this episode:
Support the show, consider donating:
This episode is also available on :
Watch or listen, Epicenter is available wherever you get your podcasts.
Epicenter is hosted by Brian Fabian Crain, Sébastien Couture & Meher Roy.